1. What inspired you to create this new platform?
I wanted to connect Artists creatively. It’s a huge generational and cultural gap that exists in our scene today and I wanted to get us to work together. We’re locked down why not? My Father did the same for musicians back in his day by connecting their scene. It’s in the blood.
2. What is your background when it comes to music?
I use to produce music. Also ran a Battle Rap league called Scheme Street with my partners.
3. What type of response have you gotten so far from the public?
All love. This is a breath of fresh air. Not only are we inspiring artists we’re getting genuine excitement from our fanbase. Countless artists have reached out to step on The Beat6Teen stage. We’re humbled.
4. How are the artist and producers feeling about the platform?
Mostly every artist has told me the Platform has inspired them to CREATE. They say they haven’t been writing or making beats and Beat6Teens woke up that creative spirit. And that’s what we love…RAW, ORGANIC CREATIVITY!
5. To date what have been some of your biggest challenges?
The Pandemic has forced us to call audibles. Studios are closed, Social distancing guidelines won’t let us record visuals in certain areas. We’re eventually going to transition to venues for live shows but no one knows when that will happen or what that looks like with the changes from Covid-19.
6. What has been your most exciting moment so far as to what you have created?
Watching the reaction from artists and fans alike genuinely enjoying and anticipating the broadcasts.
7. Where do you hope to see Beat16 go thru the end of 2020?
We want to be a platform for artists to connect and showcase their talents. Hoping to grow and connect artists from all over.
8. How does a artist or producer get involved with the platform?
Email submissions to email@example.com
QUALITY SUBMISSIONS will be favored. No politics. Send some dope shit and we’ll book you.
9. We have noticed you have added some twist to things, can you share any surprises you got up your sleeve?
Beat6Teen Duos has been announced for July. 2 random MC’s will be paired with a producer. Should be interesting.
10. If you were on a elevator with powerful investors and you got 20 floors to go, how would you explain what going on with Beat16 in the short time you have there attention?
I’d tell them to tune in and enjoy Raw, Creative energy. It explains itself.
11 Any last thoughts?
Stay Inspired. Protect The Music!